Louis Vuitton - Page 3

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 58
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Louis Vuitton

          
   
  1. #21
    misterkye's Avatar
    misterkye is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,799

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by watchtoronto View Post
    So this is what went through my mind today..

    I am an avid LV collector, have numerous pieces. I am 21.

    A couple other people here have collections worth noticing (Louis Mane) and others.

    Now, Whenever i walk around and go through malls and what not, i notice stuff. I usually notice it, but being a collector i notice EVERYTHING.

    I also notice how much Louis Vuitton is out there, and how much of it IS actually authentic. Now is it just me, or is it getting played out?

    because before, Louis Vuitton was a brand where only the richest shopped, now it seems as everybody with a credit card can go and buy something to look the look.

    Also, when i was younger and didnt know about Louis Vuitton, I never used to notice it because i never knew it even existed. Hell i probably would have said it looks so gay and stupid, who would pay 1k for checkered bag.. or 500 for a belt that looks like a chessboard :P

    So my Bros, IS it the fact that once you reach the point where you have a lot of it, you notice the people that have it, or is it just played out and time to switch to another brand.. BUt what next? there really is no options, Hermes has the smallest variety of stuff, theres really nothing else like it...
    There are tons of options. Just like you had not heard of LV prior to a few years back, there are tons of great high end brands out there. That doesn't mean that the products for these brands are all far superior than others, but it's all about personal taste. And if you don't see other brands, its because you to have been jaded by the "fad" bug. Bottega Veneta has been releasing a lot of great product for men.

    Quote Originally Posted by LIGHTWEIGHT View Post
    You've seen fakes posted on here? If you have you should call them out immediately.

    I've owned two LV items, sunglasses and a wallet. Quality is meh but I love their designs. Way too overpriced for the quality you are getting IMO
    You should check out their dress shoes. Haven't purchased any of their sneakers, as I think those are way over-priced, but I have several pairs of dress shoes that I have in rotation for special events. Hands down my favorite dress shoe (excluding my Barker Black's). Repair/customer service is second to none as well.
    "Describe my personal style? Sophisticated with a touch of f*ck you." - Derrick Miller

  2. #22
    davido22's Avatar
    davido22 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    PNW/NYC
    Posts
    1,201

    Default

    Personally I think L4P is full of label hos (half kidding)...don't get me wrong, I love y'all but there is far better product at most of these price points that flies outside the L4P radar. Also, I think that because many of us live in diverse parts mainly of the USA we are not exposed to some of the options that may be out there. Bottega Veneta is da bomb!
    Tatum Spyder

  3. #23
    Adopted's Avatar
    Adopted is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    KY
    Posts
    533

    Default

    I don't get why you say you're a LV collector. Do you just buy wallets and keep them on a shelf?

  4. Remove Advertisements
    Luxury4Play.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #24
    op487062 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    1,264

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davido22 View Post
    Personally I think L4P is full of label hos (half kidding)...don't get me wrong, I love y'all but there is far better product at most of these price points that flies outside the L4P radar. Also, I think that because many of us live in diverse parts mainly of the USA we are not exposed to some of the options that may be out there. Bottega Veneta is da bomb!
    of course we're label hos, we're american (mostly)

    how else would we know who's better?

  6. #25
    Sir Robbins's Avatar
    Sir Robbins is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Orlando, FL / Tromso, Norway
    Posts
    7,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by davido22 View Post
    Personally I think L4P is full of label hos (half kidding)...don't get me wrong, I love y'all but there is far better product at most of these price points that flies outside the L4P radar. Also, I think that because many of us live in diverse parts mainly of the USA we are not exposed to some of the options that may be out there. Bottega Veneta is da bomb!
    i am typically only guy I ever see with fendi. They are my favorite Can't beat designs by Mr Lagerfeld
    L4P's Advisor on Pink Tacos and Manual Gearboxes

    I got kicked out of the casino in Las Vegas; I didn't cheat, I just misunderstood what the crap table was for

  7. #26
    Kuester's Avatar
    Kuester is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Worldwide
    Posts
    4,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Robbins View Post
    IMO rappers made Gucci played out, D-bags made Christian Audigier/Ed hardy played out, ect aswell. I love their stuff but have always been a Dolce and Gabbana guy. Get what you like and sport it where and when you want.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Robbins View Post
    i am typically only guy I ever see with fendi. They are my favorite Can't beat designs by Mr Lagerfeld
    Dear Grand Wizard of Fashion. Here are a couple of things. Being played out means that at one point something must've been good. Please elaborate at which point Christian Audigier/Ed Hardy/Van Dutch was not a hideous low quality brand only idiots, celebrities and men during their mid-life crisis wore? Not sure how it's over in the States, but I've seen far more D&G fakes in every major club than Louis Vuitton and over here D&G is rather associated, well, with a certain type of minority I won't get into. They're definitely not well known for their classy outfits. And I know that you haven't been watching any rap videos since 2004, so therefore, please let me tell you that there are far more rappers out there wearing Fendi than Gucci.

  8. #27
    Sleepy996's Avatar
    Sleepy996 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    1,261

    Default

    Watchtoronto as you get older you will discover that everything goes through cycles and even though you may be bummed with LV now put it away and get stoked on another brand and in a yr two or three it will prolly be in the rotation again.

  9. #28
    Sir Robbins's Avatar
    Sir Robbins is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Orlando, FL / Tromso, Norway
    Posts
    7,806

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kuester View Post
    Dear Grand Wizard of Fashion. Here are a couple of things. Being played out means that at one point something must've been good. Please elaborate at which point Christian Audigier/Ed Hardy/Van Dutch was not a hideous low quality brand only idiots, celebrities and men during their mid-life crisis wore? Not sure how it's over in the States, but I've seen far more D&G fakes in every major club than Louis Vuitton and over here D&G is rather associated, well, with a certain type of minority I won't get into. They're definitely not well known for their classy outfits. And I know that you haven't been watching any rap videos since 2004, so therefore, please let me tell you that there are far more rappers out there wearing Fendi than Gucci.
    I didn't feel like typing another sentence to seperate the ed hardy crap. I know that ever since it came out and jersey shore repped it, the brand was fvcked. There is actually a difference between D&G and Dolce and Gabbana. D&G is more the younger, more trendy line while Dolce and Gabbana is mainly suits, coats, ties, and high end cashmere, not logo style tees that D&G does (though I have one I picked up in the forum shops at D&G 2 years ago). That is fine that they wear it. You could never tell that my stuff was fendi unless you flipped my tag. I buy their stuff for design and quality. i don't own any fendi pieces that actually have a logo on them. Most rappers i see will not buy it if a logo doesn't exist. I see rappers and ghetto people wearing polo and lacoste too and driving escalades but that doesn't mean it is really played out or bad. It isn't what you wear, it is how you wear and represent it.
    L4P's Advisor on Pink Tacos and Manual Gearboxes

    I got kicked out of the casino in Las Vegas; I didn't cheat, I just misunderstood what the crap table was for

  10. #29
    LouisMane's Avatar
    LouisMane is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    319

    Default

    First off, great thread watchtoronto!

    It is definitely true that when you own or have an appreciation for an item, you certainly notice it more, whether that item is a piece of LV, a watch, nice car, etc. Louis Vuitton is a great brand, and unfortunately, as men, we don't have many other options with different brands that are of the same quality. Women can choose between LV, Chanel, Hermes, and more. However, as the OP mentioned, the selection for men's hermes is very limited.

    I also think that in recent years there has been an influx of people buying Louis Vuitton, because it's "trendy" and prevalent in hip-hop/pop music. People who flock to the brand for this reason are posers, and are most likely wearing fake. I read a statistic that 99% of Louis Vuitton on the street is fake. It's a shocking statistic, but many people want what they can't afford and have no moral dilemma purchasing a fake. I have even seen our forum plagued by some of these fakes, and yes, watchtoronto and I have called the seller of such items out immediately.

    While LV may be getting "played-out" keep in mind that most of it is fake, and can be easily spotted by anyone who appreciates the brand. Those who don't appreciate LV won't notice it anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon07 View Post
    I had a friend one day meet me for a drink wearing a new watch. Before he could even say hello I commented, Nice Panerai too bad its a fake! He replied "damn how did you know so fast?" where I responded by telling him that when you own the real thing you can tell from a distance. He laughed and said "well the girls cant".
    ^This is simply not true, if the girl has any interest in watches she'll spot it out as quickly as you, if not, she doesn't give a fvck about watches. My gf loves LV as much as me (well, almost as much ) and she can spot a fake from a mile away.

    We're currently out of state for the long weekend and this is what our hotel looks like...




    To the OP: I know your collection is 100% authentic and you should pride yourself in that.

    Furthermore, LV hasn't reached the level of played-out tackiness that Gucci has. It pains me to see people decked out, head-to-toe in fake gucci, or carrying a gucci bag that costs more than their car. I see a lot more posers and $30K millionaires with Gucci than with Louis.


    Quote Originally Posted by jlo0109 View Post
    In my honest opinion and no offense to the OP what-so-ever. If you didn't buy it you don't own it. Things are only in such a low appreciation value because you obviously didn't down your own money for it. Being a 21 and can say that you own a couple of pieces from LV, that's already above the average as oppose to what most of the people in their 20s are using. Money is an issue in the absence of value. If you think they are precious, then they will be. If you don't, then they are just another piece of accessories hanging in your closest. Cheers.

    -Jason
    Don't be so quick to speculate, Jason! I'm 23 and bought every piece of LV with my own money, not Mommy and Daddy's. Many people, especially on here, are successful at a young age. There's young adults on here who are 21 years old who own Lambo's and other exotics that they busted their @ss for! Jumping to conclusions that every young guy with nice stuff got it on Mommy & Daddy's dime makes you a hater.
    Last edited by LouisMane; 09-02-2011 at 06:29 PM.
    You see my Louis chucks, Louis bag, Louis frames, Louis belt
    What that make me?
    Louis Mane


    Current
    2006 Audi S4

    Old
    2008 Kawasaki Ninja zx6r Hidden Content
    2005 Subaru Impreza WRX STI Hidden Content
    2002 Suzuki GSXR 750 Hidden Content

  11. #30
    op487062 is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    L.A.
    Posts
    1,264

    Default

    you bring dust bags when you travel?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

You MUST be 18 years or OLDER to Register for Luxury4Play. By selecting "Yes", you are performing a legal acknowledgment that you are 18 years of age or older.

Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Powered by scoobie.com.