2015 Porsche 918 SPYDER! Great Writeup: Test Drive and Video

+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 7 of 7
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By TXSTYLE
  • 1 Post By TXSTYLE

Thread: 2015 Porsche 918 SPYDER! Great Writeup: Test Drive and Video

          
   
  1. #1
    TXSTYLE's Avatar
    TXSTYLE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The GYM! (Plano, TX)
    Posts
    4,404

    Thumbs up 2015 Porsche 918 SPYDER! Great Writeup: Test Drive and Video

    This was a fantastic writeup of the greatest and fastest vehicle Porsche has ever created:

    2015 Porsche 918 Spyder [w/video] First Drive - Autoblog
    Gallery: 2015 Porsche 918 Spyder: First Drive Photo Gallery - Autoblog




    During one of my later trips around the circuit, with the vehicle mapped on its most aggressive Hot Lap setting, I buried the throttle on the long straight. My eyesight became blurry as 887 horsepower and 940 pound-feet of torque flattened my hair against the seat. Moments later when I glanced down and caught the speedometer rolling past 150 mph, I had to abruptly lift off the throttle to keep from running into the rear valance of the Turbo S – it is wickedly quick, and drama-free. The 918 is so effortless to drive fast and forgiving at the limit that I'm quite sure it's is going to allow its owners to set multiple new records at their local tracks.
    TheRoadWarrior and bigstroke like this.
    - Big Marcus

  2. #2
    Pushn'lbs's Avatar
    Pushn'lbs is online now Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Disney World
    Posts
    2,084

    Default

    Thanks for posting. Wicked vehicle. The porsche in front wasn't giving up any ground though.. Looked like a turbo? Couldn't get a good look. 918 is awesome engineering.

  3. #3
    TXSTYLE's Avatar
    TXSTYLE is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    The GYM! (Plano, TX)
    Posts
    4,404

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pushn'lbs View Post
    Thanks for posting. Wicked vehicle. The porsche in front wasn't giving up any ground though.. Looked like a turbo? Couldn't get a good look. 918 is awesome engineering.
    New Turbo S! No slouch with near 600hp. But I'm sure dude wasn't going balls out in a Million dollar whip either.

    - BigMarcus on HTC 1
    Pushn'lbs likes this.
    - Big Marcus

  4. #4
    getpalmd's Avatar
    getpalmd is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Zürich, Switzerland
    Posts
    521

    Default

    Sounds SO good...
    "Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away."

  5. #5
    TheRoadWarrior's Avatar
    TheRoadWarrior is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Pattaya, Thailand | formerly Siesta Key Beach, FL
    Posts
    2,119

    Default

    more and more impressed by the 918 every time i read about it..... love it!
    "I spent 90% of my money on women, cars, and booze. The other 10% I wasted."

  6. #6
    bellatory is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    CA
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Here a nice video of it I though I do share.
    Nordschleife vs. Porsche
    Nordschleife vs. Porsche 918 Spyder - 6:57 - YouTube

  7. #7
    289FIA_Cobra's Avatar
    289FIA_Cobra is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sunnyvale, CA
    Posts
    4,008

    Default

    A Prius's wet dream!
    2005 Factory Five MkIII Roadster
    2008 Audi A5

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Posting Permissions

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Powered by scoobie.com.