+ Reply to Thread
Results 11 to 20 of 39
01-04-2012, 06:47 PM #11Member
- Join Date
- Feb 2011
pretty hot.... not sure if it's $56m hot though
01-04-2012, 07:34 PM #12
01-04-2012, 07:39 PM #13
Yeah man, prices in Jersey are just crazy! I mean, in 2009, we photographed DanMar Manor, a mansion in north Houston thats 32,000 sq. ft., larger than the one shown here, and the asking price is just $19M. Property value is actually HIGH here too, so that gives you an idea of just how high it is in Jersey. (DanMar sits on less than 6 acres like Stone, but its very close).
(quick search to see some of the DanMar shots: danmar manor - Google Search )
01-04-2012, 07:40 PM #14
01-04-2012, 07:43 PM #15
I'd take it for the garage court yard! That looks sweet! I see a minimum of 3 garage doors and i'm guessing its more like 7 garage doors.-Patrick
01-04-2012, 07:51 PM #16
56 mill? thats it? cheap!CTO AT VALLEY-SCIENTIFIC
I ownz a 69' RS Camaro. Hugger Orange with 5 speed and a 350 big block. All stock.
01-04-2012, 08:00 PM #17
for 56mil, i'd rather have 5 houses in 5 countries around the globe."Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence"
Audi S4 (SOLD)
Two Wheels, 27 Gears (SOLD)
Two Legs (RETIRED) LEARNING TO USE THESE AGAIN
01-04-2012, 08:05 PM #18Banned
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
01-04-2012, 08:18 PM #19
some minds find more beauty in asymmetrical designs, rather than simple symmetry.
the style of double stairway foyer you linked in your pics is incredibly common, almost played out IMO.
specifically those are also steeper, shorter, and uniform in shape/size, all things that the detail oriented eye sees as commonplace and therefore less impressive.
the stairway in the OP has slight s-shaped curvature, as well as what appears to be graduating pie-shaped steps towards the base, less incline for a more graceful stairway, and it does not dominate the room, because the foyer is incredibly large... the difference is subtle, but clearly a more complex and more tasteful stairway than the one you posted.
just having a bunch of stairs doesnt make much of a statement... its all in the details"I spent 90% of my money on women, cars, and booze. The other 10% I wasted."
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form." - Winston Churchill
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra
01-04-2012, 08:25 PM #20