+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 5 of 5
06-15-2012, 07:04 PM #1
Shark Werks Race Pipe for all 997 GT3 / GT3RS
Over the years some of you have requested that we bring back the exhaust set up that we did in October of 07 for Fred's green RS - a track pipe that uses no mufflers at all and enables you to use larger diameter tips or stock ones.
For those that make it to track events and run our bypass system, this is something that can be swapped out relatively easily (1-2 hours) for the weekend to remove a considerable 60-pounds from the rear. We do not recommend this for the street under any circumstance.
Here's a link to this item on our site:
Shark Werks 997 GT3 Race Pipe for 997 GT3, 997 GT3RS, 2010+ 997 GT3, 2010+ 997 GT3RS - SharkWerks Porsche Performance Experts in Northern California Bay Area (510-651-0300)
This is the loudest exhaust system available for the 2007-2012 GT3 or GT3RS. This system weighs in at just 8.5 pounds, removing approximately 60-pounds from the rear when compared to a factory 997 GT3 or GT3RS exhaust system.
This system replaces the OEM side mufflers and center muffler. It is compatible with the OEM factory emissions equipment (cats/headers), and factory exhaust tips. It also works with our larger 88mm exhaust tips (sold separately).
The sound is race car LOUD and ultra aggressive. Of course the GT3 engine sounds great so this exhaust will showcase its high points. Here is a short video we shot in 2007:
Porsche 997 GT3 RS With Track Pipes @ SharkWerks - YouTube
- Single piece, mandrel-bent Stainless Steel construction
- Manufactured in California
- Will not cause check engine lights (when using factory catalytic converters/headers) or effect emissions
- Removes 60 pounds from rear of 997 GT3 or GT3RS, removes 44 pounds compared to Shark Werks Bypass Exhaust
* This system is not designed for street use, and is only recommended for race tracks where sound restrictions are not in place. It is very loud and will set off nearby car alarms, annoy pedestrians/police/neighbors/wives and possibly make children cry. It may shoot flames at night. Please use responsibly.
** This system will cause a small loss in torque below 3500 RPMs and a gain of approximately 10 HP in higher RPMs.
For street driven cars, please see our GT3 Bypass Exhaust System instead.
06-16-2012, 12:15 PM #2
"This system is not designed for street use, and is only recommended for race tracks where sound restrictions are not in place. It is very loud and will set off nearby car alarms, annoy pedestrians/police/neighbors/wives and possibly make children cry. It may shoot flames at night. Please use responsibly."
Best disclaimer ever
06-18-2012, 02:16 PM #3Junior Member
- Join Date
- Sep 2010
Off topic but any chance you'll make your own 997.1 turbo exhaust system, love your 997.2 setup...
06-18-2012, 04:37 PM #4
06-18-2012, 09:59 PM #5