+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 14
06-15-2012, 10:35 PM #1
2013 MBZ SL63 AMG/2013 MBZ SL65 AMG/2013 MBZ SLS GT
What do you L4Pers think about the following?
1) MBZ SL63 AMG (MSRP $146K+) - due in July 2012
2) MBZ SL65 AMG (MSRP $190K+) - due Fall 2012
3) MBZ SLS GT (MSRP $200K+) - due Fall 2012
Which would you get and why?CURRENT
2014 Bentley GT Speed - INCOMING...
2013 BMW F10 M5 - Sakhir Orange/3D Design/Eisenmann/HRE S101s
2013 MBZ SL63 AMG - Black
2011 BMW 335i - LeMans Blue
2011 Maserati Quattroporte - Bordeaux
2010 Bentley Supersports - Velocity Red
2010 Lamborghini LP550-2 Balboni - Arancio Borealis (Orange)
2009 MBZ SL63 AMG - black
2009 MBZ SLK55 AMG - black
2007 Bentley GT Mulliner - red
2006 BMW E60 M5 - Indianapolis Red
2004 MBZ CL600 - red
2003 MBZ SL55 AMG - black
2002 BMW 330Ci - topaz blue
2001 MBZ SL600 - black
2000 MBZ CL600 - black
06-15-2012, 10:44 PM #2
Both the SL65 AMG and SLS GT are in a similar price range. In my opinion I would get the SLS GT. It has more of a 'wow' and 'exotic' factor. I'm not sure if you are really looking for that but for me, SLS GT is my vote. Good luck with the decision!
06-15-2012, 11:14 PM #3
SL65. So hot.DRINK MORE SCOTCH.
06-15-2012, 11:16 PM #4
Partly depends on if you want to have the option of putting the top down, right?
06-15-2012, 11:41 PM #5
IMO the new SL's look like crap! SLS GT all day!
06-15-2012, 11:49 PM #6Junior Member
- Join Date
- Nov 2010
- New York
I say go with the sls gt that's what I'm gunna go with.I think it's the best and most exotic of the bunch and I still have mixed feelings on the new sl.
Last edited by ajkinc22; 06-15-2012 at 11:54 PM.2012 Mercedes CLS63
2012 BMW 750li
2012 Mercedes gl450
2010 Mercedes S550
2009 Hummer h2
2007 Lamborghini Gallardo spyder
06-16-2012, 12:45 PM #7
obviously SLS will have better resale, if that is a concern for you.
SL65 will probably be just as rare as the SLS, they are both very low volume cars, but the SLS will be more distinguished since it does not look like anything else on the road. SL65/63 just looks like another SL to 99% of the populace. As much as I love the V12 of the SL65, I think I would rather have the uniqueness of the SLS.
They need to toss the TTV12 engine in the SLS body"I spent 90% of my money on women, cars, and booze. The other 10% I wasted."
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form." - Winston Churchill
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra
06-18-2012, 09:04 AM #8
I would take the SLS. IMO the design of the new SL is rather weak compared to the SLS. In general the SL is more of a cruiser, whereas you won't have any problems driving your SLS on the track, too. Besides that, the SL will always be updated with a newer model and I think that the SLS is a stand-alone model and has got much potential for an all-time classic status. My second choice would be the 63. It is much cheaper than the V12 model and quite as fast. Both cars have their advantages. The SL is not as exotic and so you won't have any problems with to much attention, but at the end of the day it is not a supercar.
However, that's only my opinion. Alltogether you can't go wrong with these 3 cars.
Greetings from Germany!
06-18-2012, 03:25 PM #9
SLS GT. I am not a fan of the new body style on the new SL's.
06-18-2012, 08:34 PM #10