+ Reply to Thread
Results 21 to 30 of 191
07-15-2010, 08:37 PM #21Senior Member
- Join Date
- Jul 2008
07-15-2010, 09:32 PM #22
New Orleans is a great add, but i just I thought it was out of the way to Miami. Im a little bias. Lol.“Let us so live that when we come to die even the undertaker will be sorry.” - Mark Twain
07-15-2010, 09:35 PM #23
Gold rush. means gold coast. sorry.
07-16-2010, 07:31 PM #24
Dirty Souths got Black gold? Does that count?
Rather fail with honor than succeed by fraud.-Sophocles
07-18-2010, 04:46 PM #25
07-18-2010, 04:49 PM #26
I Support this motion!!
07-18-2010, 06:23 PM #27
07-18-2010, 08:09 PM #28
Talking about this is one thing. Co-ordinating this has to be a humongous undertaking. From what little I hear from Knick, Raw, Aimee and Able is the logistical issues have to be handled by a core team of L4P enthusiasts. I'm sure they can give you the "War and Peace" version of what's involved but the Readers Digest is probably :
1) Identifying the key people that can be RELIED upon and TRUSTED to do what's needed... i.e. those of you here that are the MOST PASSIONATE of L4P. Having people like Aimee and Able fly around to each destination to get each hotel ready demonstrated to me who's hardcore here!
2) Contact every city event official on the GR route, for their OK for things like additional police, barricades, street closures/routes and other details (who to write the checks to, who the POC will be.)
3) Contact every vendor that's supporting the event for their buy-in. Coordinate with the vendor that will create their logos in vinyl.
4) Scheduling the meetings between Raw/Knick and officials that need their signature.
5) Getting all of the extraneous things produced such as goodie bags, t-shirts, pamphlets, posters and the GR vinyl that will go on all the participants cars
6) Coordinating remote or local film/photo crew.
7) Advertising (Heavy Hitters, local tv affiliates, radio, etc.)
8) Coordinate with vendors as to placement both in parking and the vinyl stickers and possibly product exposure (i.e. Race Deck laid out for Misha's M-B)
9) Coordinating with every hotel/resort along the route.
This is all from my observations as only a volunteer. Probably not even covering other issues since I've yet to fully participate but you get the picture... it's a lot of work. Rallies are singular one day thing. GR is a roadtrip on a grand scale. I'm not trying to dissuade anyone but giving perhaps a more real-life idea of what's involved. My wooden nickels worth.
07-18-2010, 08:16 PM #29
I already have a route that could be used for 2 stops and have the hooks with the hotels and parties..
07-18-2010, 08:39 PM #30
I'll help promote itCorey Y.
1-866-519-4335 EXT: 2107