+ Reply to Thread
Results 21 to 30 of 56
06-02-2012, 03:55 AM #21
I'm old school and still use coins occasionally. So wallet it is. Have been using Danier leather wallets and they last a few good years.
Here's something to appease all!
Last edited by In AWD We Trust; 06-02-2012 at 03:58 AM.
06-02-2012, 04:21 AM #22
06-02-2012, 05:38 AM #23
Nothing against wallets; a pocket works well for me.
Last edited by schmidty; 10-02-2012 at 08:05 AM.
06-02-2012, 06:33 AM #24
06-02-2012, 07:07 AM #25Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2011
- Los Angeles, Long Beach, CA.
Touché, good sir…
Ironically, most of the time, I keep my wallet in my front pocket so not to be seen by others if not there, in the front breast pocket of my jacket.'What a man does not understand, he does not possess.'
'Tell me with whom you associate, and I will tell you who you are.'
-JOHANN WOLFGANG VON GOETHE, The Maxims and Reflections of Goethe
'All know the way, but few actually walk it.
'Your worst enemy cannot harm you as much as your own unguarded thoughts.'
06-02-2012, 07:21 AM #26
When I used to carry a wallet, it was in the front pocket too. But now with having to carry a cell phone, I just can't deal with it. Especially wearing slacks. Nothing worse for me than pockets bulging with a phone, keys, wallet, etc. Oh God, maybe I need a purse!
06-02-2012, 08:53 PM #27
06-05-2012, 03:05 PM #28
Wow. Major derailment here.
I love my Tumi Meridian billfold; it's simple, elegant, and well-crafted. That said, Ettinger may well be my next choice - the colors and ddesigns available are great and their manufacture is solid. I was expecting a high price but they are not far from what my Tumi cost; the only thing I don't like about Tumi is they started putting their emblem where personal initials used to go.
I just checked Ettinger out again and while I was originally eyeing the Bridle Hide collection, those Pinstripe designs are very sharp. Black on tan is classic.
06-05-2012, 04:13 PM #29Banned
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
I never hand out business cards and rarely remember to use my punch cards. I could easily stop using a wallet.
06-07-2012, 08:45 PM #30
However... on the flip side... i tried using JUST a clip, and there were a few downfalls for me that made me go back to using a wallet.
1. Statistically, I pull cash out of my pocket probably 5x more often then I need to pull out something important like my ID. If you keep your ID clipped with your cash, then everytime you pull cash out, it is another chance to drop or lose your ID, as plastic cards all clipped together have a habit of slipping out of a clip.
2. I noticed my cards and ids get scratched up, worn out, bent etc much faster when not in a wallet. not a huge deal, but it is a fact. In a wallet, the cards stay protected better, and also more organized.
3. I always remember a quote from an old mobster movie or tv show I heard growing up.... "A real wiseguy does not keep his cash in his wallet"... the concept being that you keep important things separate in case you are held up. If you are held up, you can toss your wad of cash, without the hassle of losing your ID, credit cards, etc.
My solution was to only use a super-thin wallet, and ONLY carry things I use weekly. I went through my wallet, and used a simple rule. If you have not used that item within the past week, it does not deserve to be there.
So I keep things separate, and it works out very well.
Cash = Moneyclip
ID, CC, Concealed carry permit = thin mini wallet, less than 1cm thick even with everything in it.
Last edited by TheRoadWarrior; 06-07-2012 at 08:48 PM."I spent 90% of my money on women, cars, and booze. The other 10% I wasted."
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form." - Winston Churchill
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra