+ Reply to Thread
Results 21 to 30 of 55
05-24-2012, 12:57 AM #21
Last edited by Sikklightning; 06-10-2012 at 03:02 PM.A world where medical advances allow us to live forever is a terrifying thought...
06-04-2012, 06:42 AM #22
I think it would be great to see these cars raced, I just don't know the type of venue they would partake in. I do think the fuel tank would be a cause for concern though with how much fuel they drink at wide open throttle.
06-05-2012, 02:44 AM #23
I would say this car is a GT (Grand Tourer). Unlike for example the Enzo or the McLaren F1 this car is built to have comfort and simply to be outrageous.
06-10-2012, 02:27 PM #24
Porsche 911 GT2 7:12
Porsche 997 GT3rs 7:33
Ferrari 599XX 6:58.
2012 Corvette ZR-1 7:19.
Audi R8 GT 7:34
Porsche CGT 7:34
2011 Nissan GT-R 7:36
Mercedes SL 63 AMG Black 7:36
Now explain how the Veyron is a "race car" when it's slower than $80k cars when put to the test around corners. It has the same lap time as cars like the 2012 Porsche 911 Carrera S and Mercedes SLS which have half the power
Last edited by Doug118; 06-10-2012 at 02:30 PM.
06-10-2012, 03:01 PM #25
Bugatti Veyron & Zonda F Stig Laps - Top Gear - BBC - YouTube
It also runs a 10.2 in the quarter mile, I believe there are only 3 production cars in the world that run that fast. (Egg, Bug, SSC Aero)
I think the better question is, how is not a race car? It is all of the following: luxury, art, beauty, performance, +++, rolled into one $2.8MM piece of amazingness.
But you're right it's not a gutted car like the scud without carpet, insulation etc. That wasn't their intention. It will eat those cars alive and still feel/look like a million bucks inside.A world where medical advances allow us to live forever is a terrifying thought...
06-10-2012, 06:49 PM #26
^Quoting 1/4 mile times, and citing the Top Gear test track as being a more realistic benchmark than the ring.
Keep going dude, you're on a role.
06-11-2012, 01:05 AM #27
What do you mean by "handle confidently at speed"? Do you mean you can take turns at 200mph+ like a F1 car? and saying the Ring is a poor benchmark is hilarious. That single statement makes you sound like you know absolutely nothing about cars. If it's such a bad benchmark, why did Lexus create a LF-A Nurgurgring Edition?
I'm obviously not saying that the Veyron is a bad car because it's obviously one of the greatest cars that has ever been created and probably ever will be, but it's just not a "race car"
06-11-2012, 01:35 AM #28
Asking "Why has nobody competitively raced a Bugatti Veyron" is like asking "Why don't they have AP & Franck Muller vending machines at the food court"
06-11-2012, 03:26 AM #29
06-20-2012, 03:37 AM #30Maserati Quattroporte Sport GTS - (Selling in the very near future)
G55 AMG - Sold
“If you don’t build your dream, someone will hire you to build theirs.”
"I spent 90% of my money on women, cars, and booze. The other 10% I wasted."