+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 15
05-13-2012, 03:35 AM #1
Aston Martin V8 Vantage - LONG day in San Francisco
This client just picked up this Aston and needed it looking better but was on a tight timeframe. I only had 1 day to get this done. It was also going to be a mobile job and in San Francisco....not the easiest city to work in... But it had to be done, so I got to it bright and early. Normally this would have been a 2 day job, so it became a no-break marathon detail on a very cold day/night and finished VERY late in the evening. Because of the timeframe, I wasn't able to do my pics to the quality I typically do, so my apologies for the so/so pics.
Correction was on the GG 6" with Surbuf and M105. Followed by LC Tangerine with SIP then LC black with 85RD. LSP was Megs D301
After washing and claying, the true damage was visible. Before the current owner got the car, some serious hack detailing had been done, leaving horrible buffer trails, severe swirls, and several strike-throughs!
A deep scratch that was covered up with a Sharpie...yes a Sharpie. A big strike-through on the hood was also covered by a Sharpie as well..... *sigh*
05-13-2012, 03:36 AM #2
Underside of the hood was a bit rough....
Looking a bit better
The grill was in poor shape too.... left side polished, right side untouched. The waterspots on the underside of the left side slats can be seen now...they were touched up later.
Paint had severe acid rain damage
Large strike-through by previous hack detailer seen here
Even the lights fell victim to the previous hack who attempted to detail the car....
05-13-2012, 03:37 AM #3
05-13-2012, 04:09 AM #4
And all done! 15 1/2 hours after starting it. Phone shows 49 deg, but it only updates every 3-4 hours. I updated it as I drove away and it was 40 deg. 15 hours of coldness.
Thanks for viewing!
05-13-2012, 05:08 AM #5
05-13-2012, 06:17 AM #6
That paint was wrecked! Excellent job!!
05-13-2012, 06:20 AM #7
Shared with over Thirty One Thousand, Eight Hundred of L4P Fans on FaceBook.
05-13-2012, 08:04 AM #8
talk about dedication!"I spent 90% of my money on women, cars, and booze. The other 10% I wasted."
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form." - Winston Churchill
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra
05-15-2012, 05:43 PM #9
the amount of work and flexibility you put in for your customer is unbelievable. i would not have expected or asked.
05-19-2012, 11:00 AM #10
Fantastic job !"LIVING THE DREAM"
11 sec 1/4 Mile