+ Reply to Thread
Results 11 to 20 of 74
05-28-2012, 02:38 PM #11
The way i'm reading these posts, the issue appears to be with the purchaser/driver and not so much the vehicle.
Here in Japan they have become popular with several tuners/suspension manufactures.
Integrity first, Service before self, and Excellence in all we do
05-28-2012, 03:44 PM #12Member
- Join Date
- Oct 2010
I think most people hate Prius-drivers, because of the idea of them - most of them are condescending bastards, who stare at you and criticise you (and think they are better than you)... Prius is the only hybrid I dont like, mostly because of the looks and the other part.
05-28-2012, 03:53 PM #13
I think Prius is ok every day runaround car......I don't love them and I don't hate them ether, it's just good economy car that's all.*Patience is a virtue....
*You reap what you sow....
*RACING because football, baseball, bowling & golf only require ONE BALL
05-28-2012, 04:37 PM #14Banned
- Join Date
- Dec 2011
- Houston, Texas / Paris, France
Let me be the first to tell you that the GT300 model Prius has 100% NOTHING to do with the production model other than the hybrid system which EVEN THAT has been heavily modified to endure race conditions.
I'm not hating or liking, just stating the facts. Yes I know what I'm talking about, look below.
05-28-2012, 04:58 PM #15
There are many JDM cars I am jealous of- Subaru Legacy STI and Legacy wagon to name two....but the Prius is not one of them.
As far as Northern California, I am genuinely interested in comments
....as long as they differ from SoCal comments
05-28-2012, 05:37 PM #16
My twitter from two days ago:
05-28-2012, 11:07 PM #17
Talked to a buddy about this the other day. He drives a red last generation Prius; I asked him point blank what he likes about the car. His response? "Well man, it's the image thing. I want to appear like I'm part of the solution."
Not making the assumption that all Prius drivers are like this, but his honesty was somewhat alarming.
As for me, I don't mind Priuses (Priuii?), I wouldn't choose to drive one but I think we are all marching towards the inevitable reality of electric/alternative fuel vehicles, anyway.
Side note: In my hometown in Tennessee, near the Nissan plant there are Leafs EVERYWHERE. I have yet to see but 1 here in Louisiana but they were all over when I went home last week. Quite progressive for a southern city.Current Ride: 2011 VW GTI, APR Stage 2
Only a man who has felt ultimate despair is capable of feeling ultimate bliss.
05-29-2012, 08:24 AM #18
I have far to large a hatred of hybrid and electric vehicles to ever respect them. However I will say that the drive train being used in this vehicle is most likely being used as a test bed for Toyota's TS030 Le Mans prototype. The Body being a Prius is probably for marketing purposes and Honda has responded by entering a CR-Z Hybrid car as a competitor in the GT300 class. Feel free to correct me if I am mistaken on anything.
05-29-2012, 10:33 AM #19
That "prius" that you posted has about as much in common with a production prius as my iphone. It might use the same hybrid drivetrain technology, but the components are all different, the engine is different, the gearbox is different, the chassis is probably heavily modified to endure racing stresses, i bet the suspension is different, the steering components are different etc etc.
As for Prius's being bad cars. yes, they are god awful cars. have i driven one? yes i have. they are soul less, boring as shit, any diesel will get better / comparable fuel economy, and it also looks like shit.A successful man is someone who wakes up in the morning, goes to sleep at night, and does whatever makes him happy in between.
Happiness is the only thing worth pursuing.
A turbo, exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens and you go faster. - Jeremy Clarkson
05-30-2012, 02:08 AM #20
besides being UGLY as all hell and primarily owned by douche-bag trendy enviro-hipsters...
i HAVE driven a couple prius quite a bit, and they are boring, crappy, dull, and dont offer anything other than an econo-box on wheels for people that want to save on gas.
none of the things that make that race-car competitive have anything to do with a real prius."I spent 90% of my money on women, cars, and booze. The other 10% I wasted."
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form." - Winston Churchill
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra