+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 10 of 10
05-01-2012, 07:37 AM #1
U.S. ARMY'S FED BRAVO IN DETROIT AKA THE EV HUMVEE
The FED Bravo, or Fuel Efficient ground vehicle Demonstrator, is a diesel hybrid armored machine packing a Ford-sourced 268hp twin-turbodiesel 4.4-liter V8 engine coupled with an electric motor to power the front wheels. The system allows for a return of 8.2mpg city and 14.2mpg highway, not too shabby for a vehicle carrying a weight of 16,760lbs. Built by TARDEC and students at the College for Creative Studies in Detroit.
write up and pics: U.S. Army Gets Fuel Efficient Transport in the Shape of FED Bravo
05-02-2012, 08:22 PM #2
what mpg do other vehicles in that same payload/weight usually get?"I spent 90% of my money on women, cars, and booze. The other 10% I wasted."
"I drink a great deal. I sleep a little, and I smoke cigar after cigar. That is why I am in two-hundred-percent form." - Winston Churchill
“I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day.” - Frank Sinatra
05-02-2012, 08:55 PM #3
Wow! I didnt know that they got that bad of mileage and that this being a hybrid can only pull of 8miles to the gallon. I would hate to see a non-hybrid what like 5MPG?2009 LR3
2008 E90 335I
2005 GSXR 600X
Follow my on Instagram @flyingcesar
2008 Infiniti G37S coupe Betty RIP07/19/09
We all know that small cars are good for us. But so is cod liver oil. And jogging- Jeremy Clarkson.
05-03-2012, 12:58 AM #4
05-03-2012, 03:20 AM #5
05-03-2012, 04:40 AM #6
05-07-2012, 01:12 AM #7Junior Member
- Join Date
- May 2012
- LAX@USC/Detroit, MI
Saw this last week in Troy with manufacturer plates on. Badass to the max.
05-07-2012, 06:25 AM #8
that thing looks like it rolls up to **** shit up. my kind of truck.
05-07-2012, 06:31 AM #9
Looks good ... but that is the dumbest camo job i have ever seen.
05-07-2012, 01:29 PM #10
its Detroit , 1st off they probably didnt have anymore funding for some PPG base/klear , 2nd if it did have baddass paintjob best believe they would steal that thing if they knew how to start it lol